Pages

Thrifting and How I Make It Work

If you have been following my blog for awhile you will know that I love thrifting. I love shopping in general, but something about that thrill of finding that special piece among a catotic rack of clothes is just too alluring to not want to do all the time. When people ask me where I get most of my clothes from they often don't believe me when I say I can put together great looks using only thrifted items. When I thrift I try and only purchase items in great to very good condition, I have chosen some of my more higher end pieces to show, but in reality I really don't care that much about the label.  

If you don't mind putting in a little time to search for great pieces and possibly needing to do a little altering or repairing you can put together a fantastic wardrobe without spending away your life savings. 

If you get into the habit of being a frequent thrifter you will learn which areas are better then other and also which areas price fairly and which do not. 

This first look is created with a Danier leather skirt I found for $6.99, Lucca Lucca top for $3.99 and Jessica Simpson shoes that were a little high for second hand but in nearly new condition, they were $10.99



This look was put together with a Le Chateau blazer for $4.99, Karl Lagerfeld jeans that had a tear in the knee so I cut into shorts for $6.99, The top is label less and cost $2.99, my fedora was a great find for $.99! And the three brooches are from my Grandma's closet with the exception of the bumble bee pin which I picked up from a Stella and Dot sample sale for $15. My shoes are vintage Kenneth Cole and were $6.99. 



The top in this outfit is heritage 1982 collection and was picked up for $1.99! My skirt was a sample piece from Kenzie that I found at the Salvation Army for $2.99. And the shoes! Oh the shoes... They are Stuart Weitzman and I found them for $7.99. 




This last out fit is probably my Mr.'S favourite dress that I found. It's an Anna Sui silk dress that I picked up from VV on their half off day for $9.99. My shoes are Aldo and I believe there were around $4.99, they needed a little repair to the heel, which cost me $5. My belt is not thrifted but was a gift. 
 




 

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 

 

4 comments:

Charlie said... [Reply]

Anna Sui from a thrift store. My jealousy is boundless! How fabulous. Great outfits.

Laura Side Street said... [Reply]

wow I love all of these thrifty outfits, so well put together and they are all stylish but also fun :)
Just popping over from the Fashion for Passion link

Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com

Lena B, Actually said... [Reply]

I wish there more places to thrift around here!! I love taking the time to hunt for the *perfect* piece!! You look great Amber!

Rachel The Hat said... [Reply]

wow that anna sui dress is stunning, what a find!!thanks so much for joining up with passion for fashion again, hope you'll join us again tomorrow! xx