Pages

I Always Prefered When I took Care Of You

You may or may not have noticed but my absence in social media and commenting on other blogs has been pretty much non existant. Its not because I don't love ALL of my bloggy pals, but I recently started 10 hour a day job as a nanny. My husband literally worked himself down to the bone and to the point that he needs to be on sick leave/ medical e.i. for an extended time. Because we have been a single income home for the most part before now. It was my turn to go out and take care of my family.

I was very thankful of a friend of mine that needed a nanny. I can't thank her enough from saving me from nights of worring what to do until Jason's benefits kick in. Which FYI for anyone who has to go through this and I hope you don't but it takes about six or seven weeks if you are lucky!

When Jason and I first started dating there were a few months when I was the one taking care of us. After that though it has pretty much always been Jason taking care of me and eventually Ethan and Pea. I have always said to him though that I did always like it best when I supported him. And for the most part I still feel that way. I am happy that he can have the break and spend lots of time with Ethan and Peyton. Something that I didn't expect though was just how much I miss them. My second week is better then the first. I am mostly jealous of Jason that he gets to talk about the earth with Ethan or make Peyton laugh to the point where she throws her head back in hysterics.

I did bring them with me one day all day, and it was just too much. Peyton refused to nap and became very cranky, and the two older boys by the end of the day were just tired and had enough of the ten hour playdate. Everynow and then I will bring them with me again, but 99% of the time they will be with Jason.

The real kicker in all of this is that by the time I get home I can only spend 30 minutes of good time with Peyton, she demands to go to bed at 6pm. And with Ethan its 7pm.

I need advice, to all you full time working Mama's please tell me it will keep getting easier, and what do you do on your days off to make them extra special?

Besides missing Ethan and Pea like crazy, I am having a lot of fun being a nanny. They are a little bit younger then Ethan and Peyton, so keeping them entertained wasn't to much of a jump from what I was already doing on a day to day basis

xo to all of you who have been so patient with me. Espcecially my sponsors and my late posts!


The hugs and smiles that I do get are the best! I am literally tackled to the ground for like 10 minutes!

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

2 comments:

Amanda I said... [Reply]

It's the best feeling coming home to hugs, kisses, smiles, and cuddles. Just make a point to have special one-on-one time with each of them every so often.

kyna... said... [Reply]

Super behind on my reading, so I just saw this post...I know how you feel, missing the kiddos and all of that. I work F/T, and it's really really hard! Things like blogging have to take a back seat sometimes if I haven't spent a lot of time with Ellie, or the hubs! It's so hard to balance everything when you are working...do your best hon...make sure you are taking care of yourself and taking time for you too! Or you will quickly find that you are so exhausted you can't be a good nanny, mom, or wife! :-)
♥ Kyna