Pages

A Birthday Letter To Ethan


Happy birthday baby boy! I thought I would spend today to tell you about your favorite story. The story about the day you were born. You love hearing this story and I have told you a million times, but everytime you act like its the first time you are hearing it. So here we go for the million and oneth time!

The day you were born Mama and Daddy went to the hospital. We waited over one day for you to decide to come meet us. During that time Mama kept thanking you for making everything so easy for her. After a very, very long time you finally found it was time for you to come out. You didn't cry, you just looked around immediatly with the same curiousity that you have today. Your next miraculous move was to give everyone a great big Ethan smile. The doctors and nurses said that babies that small don't know how to smile, but I am certain of what I saw, even if it was only me that manged to catch that glance. From then on out, you and I have pretty much been joined at the hip. Never spending more then 2 nights apart at a time in the last five years.

I could not asked for a more special little person to have chosen to be with me and Daddy. These last few months are the last few that we will get to spend all day everyday together. In a few short months you will be starting kindergarten. A new phase in your life that I honestly feel has snuck up on me. Our last five years have been so fun filled, that they really have flown by.

You make Mama so proud everyday. You are the best big brother to baby Pea that anyone could ever ask for. You are kind, and curious, and as much as you always want to help Mama out, I love to remind you that your only job is to be sweet, and to be a little boy who loves to play. You usually roll your eyes at me and with a little laugh you will say ''Mama, It's ok if I want to help.'' When you say that all my fears about whether or not I have taught you all the proper manners vanish. The best thing about you Ethan is that while everyone loves you, you are so humble and always want to make sure you pass that forward and make as many people as possible smile. You completely amaze me with how much you understand and know. You have always been so aware with what it going on around you in the world.

Thank you for letting me be a part of your world. You make everyday so much fun, and interesting!

xoxo Mama





Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

13 comments:

Jessica @ TheCrazyChaoticHouse said... [Reply]

Such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

Jessica @ TheCrazyChaoticHouse said... [Reply]

Such a sweet post. Happy Birthday Ethan!!!

Lindsay said... [Reply]

Ohhhhhhhhh, how sweet!

My Ethan says happy birthday to your Ethan! <3

Rachel Marie said... [Reply]

What a lovely post, lady :) I'm so glad I stopped in to read the blog today :) Happy Birthday Ethan :D

Tracy said... [Reply]

what a sweet story for a sweet boy! so cute! happy birthday little one!

Shauna Nosler said... [Reply]

Hope you keep a copy of that for him when he is older :) Stopping in from Friday’s bloghop and would love a follow back via GFC, Google + … I just started my Facebook page – if you get the chance to check that out as well.

Eveli Acosta said... [Reply]

Great post! New blog hop follower! Happy to have found you! Have a great weekend! :) http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/

Lydia @ On The Verge said... [Reply]

Happy Birthday, Ethan. Thanks for joining my New Friends Friday and following. I am following back.

Hope to see you again next week!

Lydia @ On The Verge

Pearl said... [Reply]

YOU'RE A SWEET MAMA! Happy birthday to Ethan! Im a follower, send me a message if you wanna xlink:-)

dandelionfleur said... [Reply]

That was soooo sweet! Happy Birthday, Ethan!

Patricia said... [Reply]

What a handsome young man you have in your life. Great pics and love your posts. I'm just new to blogging and am enjoying the blog hop this w/e.

Thrifty Nifty Mommy said... [Reply]

New follower from the Thrifty Nifty Mommy blog hop!

Jonnique said... [Reply]

A Mothers Love!!!Your newest follower via blog hop! Please follow back so we can share our family life and everything else!!!