Pages

Baby Steps

It has been a very long time since Peyton has done anything that has really wowwed me. For close to three months now she has been walking along the furniture and taking a half step inbetween objects, then she realizes what she is doing and drops to the floor. We are constantly watching her, not wanting to miss her first steps. We always have our camera charged and ready for when Peyton finally will make the move.


Peyton has always been somewhat of a lazy baby. When I was pregnant I always said I was going to go past my due date. She made my pregnancy so easy, she was to comfortable, I knew she wouldn't want to leave. Sure enough she was two days late. I know thats not a huge amount of time to be over due, but lets face it at that point being one hour over due will make you furusterated that you are still pregnant.


We get told all the time that she will walk when she wants to. And to be thankful shes not walking because we will wish that she wasn't once she gets faster. I understand what all those people are trying to tell us. But she is nineteen months now and we really want her to walk. We love seeing all the little babies bumbling around and it makes us pretty sad that Peyton just doesn't want to do that. She gets mad that she can't keep up with Ethan or the other babies, yet she needs some other form of motivation to give her that confidence she needs. We know that if she didn't think about it, she would be walking around lots by now.


So this is my bloggy plee that I am not going to think about it as much, or let myself get disappointed when I think that this could be it, only to see she drops to her knees to crawl once again. Our hope is that she will walk soon though so we get to see her bumble around while she is still a baby, and not so much a toddler.

Jason's birthday is on friday so if y'all could send walking wishes our way, that Peyton will give that to Jason as a gift that would be great!


Since I don't have any photos of Peyton walk, and I have not put many baby Ethan photos up, here is a photo of around the time Ethan started walking. He was about 15 months old.





Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

5 comments:

Amanda I said... [Reply]

We were totally under the impression that we would miss Alyssa's first steps. We were prepared to be in another room and she'd just walk in.
Peyton will walk when she's ready to, and I think the more stress you put onto it the more likely she'll wait. Watch, now that you're not going to worry about it she'll walk soon. :-)

Bethany said... [Reply]

so hard to be patient with our babies! My husband is an elementary school teacher and always says "by the time they are in Kindergarten you'd never knew who started walking at 7 months and who started walking at 20 months!" Praying for God's grace to be on you during this!!

Bethany
http://ramblingsofamomster.blogspot.com/

Lacee Griffith Mommas Like Me Blog said... [Reply]

Hi Amber! Just wanted to say thanks for joining the blog hop my dear :) Hope you have a great day!

Gallamore West said... [Reply]

We have late walkers here too! Our boys walked at 12 months, 14 months and our 3rd son is just now taking his first steps at 14.5 months :) I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back too if you'd like.

Have a great rest of the week!
xo,
Laurie @ Gallamore West :)

kyna... said... [Reply]

Ellie was a 13 month walker, and it was so hard to be patient considering all of our friends had early walkers! I have a friend whose little girl didn't walk until 18 months! WOW!
Go Peyton go! You can do it little one! :-)
♥ Kyna