Pages

What's In A Blog Name


I originally wrote this post for Miss Mommy but I love it so much I wanted to share it again, aaannd I am a little tired and couldn't think of writing a new post. Its been one of the crazy weeks full of curve balls.

When I wrote this post I really tried to show my thinking processes of how I went for a super fashion-y girl who wore heels and party dresses during the day, to finding my way to ballet flats and sneakers.

Remember the days when you could look into your closet, pick anything out, and not have to wonder ''hmmm I wonder how easy it would be to chase a toddler in those shoes?'' Or how about ''Will I be able to easily and discretly breastfeed while I wear that strapless dress?'' I know I have had these thoughts come across my mind.

 

I have always loved dressing up. In particular I love to wear evening dresses during the day, and stilettos. Sadly these choices are not always the best when little ones are involved.
When I got pregnant with my son, I lived in my yoga pants. I finally realized why so many people wore them out even though they weren't working out.

Right after Ethan was born I tried getting back into my old dressing habits. I attempted to wear heels, but most often I only wore them to the car and then on the sneakers would go for the rest of the day. Gone were my days of wearing a dress with sequins because it was a Tuesday morning. My everyday wardrobe began to look something like this... Leggings, a pretty top to compensate the casualness of the leggings. Of course lets not forget the sneakers. But I will say this I never left the house without make-up on.

So often I would have the intention to get my wardrobe back to what it used to be like, before my baby. However anytime I went out, I would only come home with arm loads of clothes for Ethan. I guess it seemed better to spend crazy amounts of money on clothes for him then myself. It wasn't until one night that my husband pointed out ''Do you think Ethan really cares what he is wearing?'' And he was right! Ethan had no idea what he had on.

Fast forward four years, and through a second pregnancy...
I have learned just how effective accessories are. And that stores like H&M carry dresses that could be worn during the day and at night. If a dress is a little on the mini side I swapped out my leggings for a pair of black shorts. My days of wearing stilettos are still few and far apart, but kitten heels and ballet flats have for the most part replaced the sneakers. I have days wear I want to rock the messy momma bun, but its never seen without a headband to keep it company.

I don't leave the house without wearing at minimum of four accessories, and I try and make one of those pieces a standout ''look at me!'' piece of jewelry.
Putting effort everyday into how you look will not only make you feel better, but the rest of your family will feel better. If my husband has had a hard day at work, feels better knowing he will be coming home to see me in something other then my pajama pants. And if thats not enough, how about your four year old tellig you everyday that Mama looks like a princess today.





Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

Want join in on the christmas with the bloggy babies fun? Read this post to find out more

5 comments:

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said... [Reply]

Love this!
I was never a sweats or sneaker girl, so flats became my new best friend after kids...
I agree, though, I would wear a pretty dress every day if I could!
And I never leave the house without at least a little makeup on!

Mom Fashion World said... [Reply]

I agree with you... same here... i avoid wearing high heel shoes when my son was newborn. You look great, Mommy!

Jessica said... [Reply]

Love the poses! You look great.

Melissa Blackburn Cansler said... [Reply]

I love to look at flashy fashion heels & try them on & pretend that I'm going to wear them one day... alas, a bad back keeps me in sneakers most days. Now if I could just find the perfect pair to go with a sundress. Cute post. I like the photos. I'm a new follower from Thoughtful Thursday Blog Hop. Hope you will take a minute to check out my blog too.

Sara said... [Reply]

So many beautiful outfits, it’s very hard to decide which I like more but I think I especially like the last look, I adore the color of that dress and it’s so lovely and you look so pretty! You have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!

Pop Culture&Fashion Magic