Pages

{ Guest Post } Lena from Mom2MemphisAndRuby

I have have asked the gorgeus Lena, from Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby to guest post for me today. I love her blog! Her blog is one of the newer blogs that I have been reading latley, but it has become a daily read for me. Make sure you check out her blog and leave some love!


Hi! I'm Lena, mom of 2 crazy kids living in a small town in Quebec, Canada.
I blog over at Mom2MemphisAndRuby.
I blog about a lot of different things... Mostly my life, my kids and fashion. I also host as many giveaways as I can (fun!!), and I take a ton of pictures.
{insert shameless plug here: I will be hosting a fun giveaway when I reach 200 followers, here's a sneak peak!}



I am so happy Amber asked me to guest host - it's my first time and her blog is so awesome... it's very nerve-wracking! lol

I thought & thought & thought about what I could possibly talk about... and then I thought why not talk about the importance of "me time."
Or the lack thereof, in my case.

You see, Memphis made me a mommy almost 6 years ago... and I've loved every minute of it... BUT I could probably count on two hands the amount of real "me time" I've had in the past 6 years. Aside from an occasional Zumba class, or a dinner out with friends or a very random date night with the hubs... I don't do a whole lot WITHOUT my kids.

A lot of people point this out.

Which, to be honest, really annoys me.

I did my share of "partying" in my late teens & early twenties, so when we decided to try for a baby I was totally READY to give that up. I'm more of a homebody anyway. I prefer to be alone, or at least with just a few close friends. I love blogging (duh!), reading, watching TV, renting a good movie, or getting stuff done around the house (like laundry, or re-arranging the furniture, or going through the closets/cupboards)... and this is what I consider "me time" now. Because when I'm not blogging, reading, watching TV or getting stuff done around the house, I'm at work OR, most importantly, enjoying quality time with my kids. I know they won't always be so open to cuddling with their mom, or hanging out with me so I think I want to be a little selfish with my time right now. They deserve to have me around as much as I can be there. These years of them thinking I'm the "greatest thing" aren't going to last forever... although they do think I'm pretty nifty right now, and I like that!!

If they want to tag along when I run a few errands... or if I have to turn down a night out with friends because I've had a long week and I just want some quiet time at home, I don't think I should have to justify that. Am I right? I think the point I'm trying to make is... as moms, we all have our limits. Some of us need more "me time" and some of us do okay without it. Whichever category you fit in is just fine. It's your life, and it's important as women to have that time when we know we need a break. For me, this usually means a couple hours out getting my hair done, or maybe going out for dinner & a movie with a friend or the hubs. I only need a few good hours here & there to recharge and be ready to get back into mommy-mode.


I just wish people wouldn't seem so sad for me. I don't need to go out all the time to be happy.
Being with my kids while they're young & discovering new things is what makes me the happiest right now... When they're not with me, I'm wondering what they're up to! I love being able to kiss them goodnight, and be the first one they see when they get up in the mornings!!

In a few years, they'll be hanging out with their friends a lot more and I'll be left to fend for myself!
{What will I do then!? }
Until then.... you can find me at home, with my babies. ;)

Thanks again, Amber, for inviting me over! Hope you'll take a peak at my blog and don't be shy... I love making new bloggy friends!!

4 comments:

Pidg said... [Reply]

Lena! Love this post. I totally agree with you. With my little varmints all hanging on to various hands and my jean pockets when they were younger people always made comments. "You need to get out more." Uh...I don't want to. I had them to be with them. Time is short, I already have one in college..I'm soaking up the fact that the 5 I have left at home still "want" to spend time with me! Great post as always!

Jessica said... [Reply]

Good for you! It's all about what makes you happy. Pay no mind to what anyone else thinks!

Lena @ Mom2MemphisAndRuby said... [Reply]

Thanks so much for inviting me over, Amber! :)

M.R. said... [Reply]

great topic- and cute pics!

mindofmr.blogspot.com