Pages

Beyond Squirmy

Ok, it can't just be me. Is anyone else's baby becoming incredibly SQUIRMY?! As in I may have to stop changing her on the changing table?

During the last few weeks, it has been nearly impossible for one person to change Peyton's diaper on the changing table. She is waaay too interested in what's behind her, above her, and next to her to stay still. And if Jason is changing her instead of me its much worse, she is always looking and moving to find me. She flips over in about two seconds, and when I finally get her on her back again to take off or put on a diaper, she does a quick flip flop back to her belly. This is especially dangerous when she has the "stinky" diapers. What a mess! I would be lying if I said she has never kicked her feet in her own poop.
 I have tried to distract her with toys or funny faces...she's too smart for that. She gives me a look like, "Nice try!" and flips herself over. Is it really possible that a 10 month old can give a sly grin and "Gotcha!" eyes this early on? Yes, it is possible.

And it's not just on the changing table. When I hold her, she literally climbs up me and kicks and flops all over. But if I let her go with it and let her squirm next to me she crys for me to pick her up again.

Anytime someone outside of me or Jason hangs with Peyton, they all say the same thing, "Good luck...she's gonna keep you on your toes!" The doctor even said something simiular to this moments after she was born, because unlike most newborns, she was WIDE AWAKE and extremely nosy. I even think I caught her giving one of the nurse's a dirty look. She deserved it though, she wasn't the nicest of nurses...

On the bright side, she is definitely an active and independent baby...always laughing and very curious. I'm hoping she will stay this way and live her life with the same enthusiasm and curiosity she has at 10 months-it will certainly keep us young!

Ready to go!

Love mobile babies? Click to vote!

 
Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

0 comments: